Brainstorming process and inspirations

 I chose the idea of a girl dealing with anxiety for my film opener, 'My Monster Anxiety', because it's a topic I relate to greatly. Veronica Claw is another version of me; she tells my story of how I dealt with the Covid-19 pandemic and many stressors that led to my declining mental health. During the brainstorming process, I had a project for Hallandale Highschools Drama club. We had to write and perform a monologue of an issue we had to deal with and how the experience had transformed us.  We had the pleasure of speaking to the creator, LeLand Grant, of a one-man play called Rhapsody in Black, which inspired the project. Rhapsody in Black was about his experience with Racism and how it had shaped him as a person. I took lots of inspiration from LeLands' show and the monologue I created during the project when choosing an idea for my film opener. 


Link to Monologue Monster by Shaylyn Lyons

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning to storyborad

Codes and Conventions

My Monster Anxiety Treatment